Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The perfect Sunday

In the dead of winter, the sun was out, which called for a day out and thank goodness I was invited to busk in the ambience of DeGorgeous people at sport for the royals, yes, Polo at Inanda Club (it was the Inanda Africa Cup). Had tons of fun switching from the Roberto Cavalli bar to the Veuve Clicquot marquee, all the while mingling with friends, acquaintances and newly forged friendships - something a piscean secretly appreciates (I do not know why it is secretive, it just is).

It was a day that called for understated glam-clothes; simple but stylish, easy but structured - which in my opinion is completely difficult (ask anyone whose tried doing the au natural route, fuss-free hair (usualy a wet, slick pony), make-up-free look - it's actually easier to pile it all on and call it a day). The theme was a touch of gold (huh?) and some did just that while the rest of us got inspiration from horse-riding and polo-players with a few pretty sunday afternoon, high-tea-esque outfits - very delightful!
See what I mean:


Left: Penny Lebyane
Right: Iko Mash
(in jodhpurs/ riding pants)


Left: Sonia Booth
Right: Sophie Ndaba with her friend



Left: Linda Moeketsi - I love his golf-inspired, English gentleman outfit. Casual done well!
Right: Claire Mawisa
- I love her simple, summer baby doll dress - it was perfect and fitting for a day in the sun while sipping champagne and watching a pleasant sport


Left: Kuli Roberts with Mokgadi Seabi
Right: Khanyi Mbau (in a Moschino outfit paired with riding wellington boots - super cute I must admit) with her friend



Left: Artist jeweller, Keving Friedman with Nambitha Mpumlwana
Right: Architect, Joseph Matebane


Left: strangers... but I swear that man wore my dream outfit. I've been looking for camel jodhpurs for what seems like years now!
Right: Karabo in a lovely dress, which looks like a number by Tart (by Cari) - is it Karabo?



Left: loved this man's touch of colour in his socks - subtle but striking
Right: Nambitha, Chris van der Merwe and Kevin Friedman flanked by family and friends



Left: women in fashion; Sharon Becker (fashion director of Marie Claire) and Jenny Andrews (fashion editor of Wanted Magazine, also wearing Jodhpurs and stunning belt, zoom your eyes in!) flanking their friend.
Left: Felipe Mazibuko



Left: official best dressed woman of the day, Zandi Nkonyeni (SABC 2 publicist)
Right: Aspasia Karras (editor of Marie Claire) - note her lace booties! thanx



C'est moi, in my new wardrobe fav: my Marion and Lindie peg pants (me hearts them!) and my vintage-inspired granny-going-to-church bag.

Thank you for the beautiful day out Mason Company!

No comments: