Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sarita Gold Carpet Experience

Tshwane (Pretoria), in recent years, has come to be a hot spot for fabulous "carpeted" events and Saturday was no exception. Sarita hosted a "Gold Carpet" event at the grande Sheraton Hotel - with several guest-engaging activities including Glamorous Consumer Award and a "Spot the real Ruby from 9 different gems" game - which, awkward as it was queuing, landed up being fun.
Metro fm's Unathi was the perfect Master of Ceremony and she led the fashion-pack with a gold-brown-nudes outfit - although I would've rethought the pants as they revealed a little too much of her feminine contours - but alas, it was a lovely number.

A quick interview with Andile Bhenya of the David Tlale brand revealed what the brand believe are this season's colours; gold, browns, greens and blues - which are a far cry from the typical greys, blacks and purple which are associated with the season. But then again, DT does not really subscibe to the conventional...
Thula Sindi, Machere and RjKay Creations kept the fashion theme going with a short fashion show to reveal some of the glamorous Autumn/Winter looks. I was not entirely phased by anything presented (maybe because I saw them at Audi Fashion Week?). Thula Sindi walked away with the most Glamorous Designer award -two snaps for him *click-click*
The International Brand Ambassador of Dark 'n Lovely, Nonhle Thema received the Glamour Recognition Award - for always looking Degorge (personally I would've gone for some other socialite but I guess Sarita will only recognise someone who's in-line with their ethos) - and congratulations to her.
The Glamorous Consumer award went to Cathatherine Sturgeon (SAB Model) who wore a bang-on-trend Gold-bronze number. Mirriam Mogaswa walked away with the most coveted award that evening, a pinch-sized ruby after she picked it from the 9 gems presented (the lucky number was four and I kid you not when I say I picked four too! but I am never lucky with draws). I hope she finds something DeGorgeously constructive to do with something that would've made the perfect piece for my jewelry box.
Amongst the guests were Thobi (from 90s Yo-tv), Vuyo Varoyi (A-list Make-up artist),Koyo (of 3sum) Publicists Ngcebo (Isidingo) and Vista Kalipa (Total Exposure) and entertainment was in the form of scattered groups of dancer who had me tappinng my foot to the wonderful beats (just a pity the bouncers/stage management team were ill-mannered, these girl's were on the ramp giving us quite a dance show-off until they got pulled off, s-a-d!).





My best dressed award, for the evening goes to this girl: (I do not know her name or anything about her, but she looked wonderful in a dress-jacket with plenty of look-at-it attitude, truly DeGorge!) This outfit threw me back to Suzaan Heyn's Collection at Audi Fashion Week. It had a glamorous (the keyword that night) super-hero element and the patented finishings made this an astonishing piece. I love it!
Thank you Sarita and The Inspiration Room for the DeGorge evening, we look forward to many more fabu-bubu moments with you *hint-hint wink-wink*
(PS. Dear Sarita. Please note how well I pose with your apples... should you... say... need a "face of", I'll gladly oblige should I get a call from you! Yours in all things DeGorgeous, Maque)

Outfit: Silver-grey drop-crotch high-waist pants and frilled shirt all by David Tlale
Pics: 1, 2 and 6 courtesy of Thandy Matlaila (The Inspiration Room)

No comments: